Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Sichuan University in Chengdu, People’s Republic of China, is pleased to offer researchers everywhere an invitation to attend next year’s International Conference on Geomechanics, Geoenergy, and Georesources (IC3G-2018).
IC3G is now an established international conference series, providing a specialized forum for broad scientific discussions and technological knowledge-sharing focused on effective development of deep earth resources.
We at Sichuan University are delighted to be hosting IC3G-2018, the second of the IC3G series, in Chengdu: a busy and progressive city, but one that proudly protects its famous giant pandas and has preserved its name and rich cultural heritage for three millennia.
Our conference theme:
Challenge the limits, with new thinking and knowledge
Break beyond existing patterns of discovery, to advance research on geomechanical and geophysical process in deep earth resources and energy development, enhancing deep earth energy and mineral extraction and mitigating harmful atmospheric emissions.
A wealth of science and engineering topics:
toward effective and responsible exploitation of deep earth resources
• Deep rock mechanics and mining theory
• Fluidized mining of deep underground mineral resources
• Developing deep underground space for underground city construction
• Deep underground laboratories and ecological living capsules
• CO2 sequestration
• Soil carbonations
• Extraction of unconventional oil and tight gas
• Coal seam and shale gas extraction
• Gas hydration exploitation
• Geothermal energy
• Civil geotechnical engineering
• Analytical and numerical methods
• Laboratory and insitu testing
• Petroleum Geomechanics
• Wellbore stability, sand production, new well cements for deep wells
• Low-Resistivity and Low-Contrast (LRLC) reservoirs
IC3G-2018 will be hosted by Sichuan University (http://www.scu.edu.cn/en/) with solid support in China from Southwest Petroleum University, Southwest Jiaotong University, and Chengdu University of Technology, and in Australia from Monash University.
Professor Heping Xie, Sichuan University.